FileZilla Client Review
FileZilla Client is one of popular free FTP software solution for Mac, Windows and Linux users. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License. It is worth to try one first before you consider trying another one. FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- IPv6 support
- Available in multiple languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Site Manager
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Synchronized directory browsing
The program is available for both Intel and PowerPC G4. And it runs on Mac OS X 10.5 or newer.
Cyberduck is one of popular open source and free FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files and Amazon S3 browser for the Mac OS X. This software is written by David V. Kocher. The program has simple and easy to use with quickly accessible bookmarks. You can limit the number of concurrent transfers and filter files using a regular expression. And you can also resume both interrupted download and uploads. Here are more highlight features:
- FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files and Amazon S3 browser
- Available in over 20 languages
- Synchronize local with remote directories
- Modify permissions on multiple files and recursively
- Supports Public key authentication, Keyboard Interactive (PAM) Authentication
- Quick Access bookmarking.
- Integration with external editors
The program supports multiple languages including English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Chinese and others. You can enjoy using it with your own language.